This would be the last post with meat as we’re going Meatless August. For those who are trying to go vegetarian Our August Recipes would be ideal as a starters.
Today I was craving for pizza and wings instead of having one I tried to do a better clean eats substitute
THINGS YOU NEED:
– Organic Chicken Breast ( 2 piece cut into tiny pieces )
– Garlic salt
– BBQ flavour
– Zip lock to mix all the ingredients
– Dijon honey mustard for dippings / Chipotle / Franks Buffalo sauce for spicy take
– Put all the ingredients all together inside the zip lock I don’t really measure everything as long as you dont over put the salt, try putting 1 teaspoon of everything then marinate it for 30-2 hours in the fridge.
Once it’s ready for cooking Pre-heat oven to 450f
Pour a tablespoon of EVOO around the chicken to achieve a golden brown look
cook it for about 30 mnts until its crispy. make sure that u use a baking paper or wax paper to minimize the mess and it wont stick on the pan. same goes when we cook our eggplant pizza
I love it when my chicken is crispy outside and juicy inside. now lets move on to our eggplant.
– 1 organic eggplant
– vegan cheddar cheese or regular cheddar cheese of even mozzarella or any cheese u could fine as long as its going to melt. ( the more the merrier )
– a handful of organic sweet tomatoes
– Organic Baby Arugula
– Pizza sauce ( Optional, you can put it before the tomatoes, I didnt put mine here since I’m watching my sodium intake )
Slice Eggplant thin and horizontally
Spread EVOO On top of the Eggplant
Slice Sweet tomatoes in to halves
Put sliced tomatoes on top of Eggplant, its looking good now, yum!
Now let’s pre heat oven to 450f ( you can actually cook this together ( chicken and eggplant ) if you have a bigger oven. I used my mini oven I was being lazy using the bigger one.) haha
grate cheese and set- aside ( I usually put the cheese after 15 mnts of cooking as I don’t want the cheese to get burned I like it soft, but it depends n your preferences)
after minutes take out the eggplant and start putting the cheese on top of it
put it back in the oven, cook until when you want your cheese to be cooked ( I did mine for 5 minutes )
Ta-da!!!! its ready!!! now let’s dress it up
put baby arugula on the plate or in a board to serve it.
I also recommend to put some arugula on the eggplant pizza while its still hot
I usually eat this for lunch or after work out. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did. I can’t wait to share my vegan/vegetarian recipes for august.
Ah My blog is 1 month old soon!! wow. I have learned so much from blogging from having no knowledge at all in codes or blogging nor taking photos, ha! I hope to continue improving I’m really loving this creative outlet of mine.
See you on my next post!
The New Girl